The UNITE Tour Guide System from beyerdynamic is easily configured for various tour talk modes. Options include one or two guides presenting, participant talkback, playback of audio from external media sources like a TV/video clip, and adding simultaneous translation channels.
- Up to 32 simultaneous groups / channels
- Three talkers at one time (listen & talk, full-duplex)
- Guide transmitter options
- Bodypack transmitter with plug-in microphone or headset
- Hand-held microphone/transmitter
Tour Guide with Participant Talkback
- The guide talks hands-free while any one participant may join the discussion or ask a question by pressing their Talk button.
- The guide can also choose to allow any two participants to talk at the same time as the guide.
- More about Talkback Configuration
Two Guides Presenting to One Group
The two tour guides may use a bodypack transmitter with plug-in head-worn microphone. Alternatively, guides use the hand-held microphone/transmitter that can be passed between presenters or even used to ‘interview’ participants. Guides/presenters may speak freely at the same time with everyone in the group listening.
- Participants using RP receivers listen only.
- Participants using RP-T transmitters have the option to talkback while everyone listens.
Audio Playback to the Tour Group
UNITE provides connectivity for playback of external sound. The Leader device has 3.5mm jack socket, USB-C, and Bluetooth Audio.
UNITE allows several ways to control who hears talkback from participants and sub-leaders. This provides great flexibility to use the UNITE devices for different scenarios on visitor tours or training sessions, and interpreter setups.
Talkback Settings for Participants
The Master transmitter can select where Participant talkback is heard.
MASTER: Only the Master device can hear the talkback. Ideal when the tour leader prefers to manage questions & feedback from guests.
MASTER + SUB-MASTER: Master and Sub-Master(s) can hear the talkback.
ALL: All devices hear all talkback. Open discussion.
Talkback Setting for Sub-Masters
MASTER: Only the Master can listen to the talkback from each Sub-Master device.
MASTER + SUB-MASTERS: Sub-Masters and Masters can hear all their talkback.
ALL: All devices hear talkback from Sub-Masters.